Yale University – School of Management
Full-time MBA program – LOR Prompts
The application requires two professional recommendations, one of which should ideally come from your most recent supervisor. Please select recommenders who know you well and can speak to your strengths. Do not choose recommenders simply because they are in high-level executive positions at your company.
- Please provide a brief description of your interaction with the applicant and, if applicable, the applicant’s role in your organization.
- How does the candidate’s performance compare to that of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? Please provide specific examples.
- Describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant’s response.
- Are you in a position to know whether the applicant is sponsored for the MBA by his or her current employer? If so, please comment.
- (Optional) Is there anything else we should know?
Please rate the candidate on the following qualities:
|Outstanding (top 2%)||Very Good (top 10%)||Above Average (top 25%)||Average (top 50%)||Below Average (bottom 50%)||Unobserved|
|Inquisitiveness/ Intellectual curiosity|
|Problem solving skills|
|Creativity and resourcefulness|
|Motivation and enthusiasm|
|Achievement, drive and results orientation|
|Communication and interpersonal skills|